Through my lymphie journey, I have come across a number of online websites, facebook pages and other media which you may find useful.
- New Zealand Lymphoedema support website – has a world of information around New Zealand protocols, where to find help and other interesting pages
- The Australasian Lymphology Association – this is a great website on lymphoedema and self management. The ALA is the governing body in Australasia around lymphoedema management.
- The NZ Breast Cancer Foundation – fantastic site that covers off all the pre and post cancer journey questions and provides all the answers on support. They have a really informative page on lymphoedema management.
- Melanoma NZ – covers information around melanoma detection and is a great support site
- New Zealand Cancer Society – link to the lymphoedema page. You will be asked to filter by your local area so you can see what is relevant for cancer support for you.
- Lymphedema Blog – interesting posts, sometimes more of a US bent and can have more medical language however there is a lot of really relevant support and educational information here.
- LE&RN – Lymphedema Education and Research Network (US but covers the world). They also have a Facebook page
- Lymphie Life – (Alexa runs an amazing website and blog). Worth subscribing to, and highly recommended reading. This is the best description of being a lymphie I have read: Lymphsplaining by Alexa from the LymphieLife
- Legs Matter – a wonderful website on all things leg and foot related
Websites for Lipoedema
Lipoedema is a bigger issue that most people realise. If you think you have Lipoedema or if you have been diagnosed, I can recommend these two websites for support and information.
- Lipedema Project – a huge resource of information about lipoedema management and yes, Lipedema is spelt the US way
- Lipoedema Ladies – a very helpful support group
Facebook Support Pages
You will need to subscribe to each of these and will be asked questions prior to approval. Search for the following:
- Official Lympie Strong Inspiration Groups
- Living with Lymphoedema – Australia & New Zealand
- Lymphatic Education & Research Network
- LymphedemaGuru – interesting and informative posts on what’s happening in the lymphie world
Lymphoedema Self Management Information
I will keep adding to this as there is always more information being posted.
YouTube and links to documents for reading
MacLymph Clinic Documents
- Breathing exercises (to be added)
- Our questionnaire
- Instructions for Arm Exercise and Deep Breathing Program
- Instructions for Arm Exercise for Legs